1. Basic 'vehicular cycling'. (Applicable more to city riding than on narrow country lanes)
2. Riding in traffic (a good demo).
3. How to change lane/merge while group riding.
4. Why you should NEVER ride in door zone. [Graphic, but necessary viewing]
5. Group riding (signaling and stuff)
6. How to trigger the traffic light with your bike.
|Most sensitive spots on loop sensors. Graphic by HumanTransport.org|
Some loop sensors are just not tuned to be sensitive enough to detect bicycles (especially the mostly non-metal ones), however. In which case, please note their locations and then report them to the Street Division so that traffic engineers could come out to recalibrate them to detect bicycles (CA law does require loop sensors to detect bicycles!).
Report traffic light sensors within San Diego City Limit
Report traffic light sensors in San Diego County (outside of City Limit)
Request street sweeping within the San Diego City Limit (if you run into broken glass, gravels & other hazardous debris in road way or on bike lane/path).